COMMON QUESTIONS I GET ASKED.
If you have additional questions feel free to email me! email@example.com
1. HOW DO I BUY AN ORIGINAL? I paint originals several times a year, typically in collections. These paintings tend to go pretty quickly, so be sure to be prompt!
Originals will be available here.
2. CAN I COMMISSION A PAINTING? Absolutely! Please send me an email at firstname.lastname@example.org so we can discuss all the details of what you are hoping for. Please plan in advance! I typically book 7 to 8 months in advance, so if you are looking for a gift for a special occasion, it is best to contact me sooner than later so I can book you in.
3. PRINT QUALITY & DETAILS: All reproductions in my shop are Giclee reproductions and are created using a special Epson printer that uses a wide range of inks applied so finely you cannot see the dpi a bit and are very long-lasting. They are printed on Hahnemuhle fine art paper and can be matted and framed. The prints are frequently mistaken for originals. The prints are cut and left with a small white border around the image for securing to a mat.
All Giclee Reproductions are printed to order by yours truly and take 4-5 days to fully dry, then I cut, package, and ship them to you asap.
Just a note about displaying your prints: Please do not use tape (including washi tape) on the front of your new print as it will pull the pigment from the paper.
4. MATTING & FRAMING: All originals come matted, so all you need to do is find a beautiful frame to fit the outside dimensions of the mat! At this time, I do not mat originals larger than 18x24 or any prints, but most frames come with pre-cut mats that will fit your print. If you want to skip the matting all together and just frame the print, you will notice that the print seems larger than the size you ordered, and that's because it has a (sometimes) hidden white trim all the way around the image. I don't recommend cutting the white trim, as you can devalue the print itself, however if you need to, please be mindful of what you are trimming off as I won't be able to accept any exchanges or refunds thereafter.
I highly encourage framing all your prints and originals. Not only do they look incredibly beautiful framed, but it will help to protect your fresh artwork from wear and dust. I do not currently offer framing from my studio, but I do have a few recommendations!
If you would like a custom frame created for your piece I recommend that you check out a local frame shop first (they will probably have the best selection of quality frames and LOCAL!). All prints are reproduced to fit standard sized mats/frames.
West Elm, Crate and Barrel, Pottery Barn, Anthropologie, Michaels, and most art supply stores also have a nice variety of frames for pieces 18x24 and smaller. You will probably also have great luck searching in your local thrift or vintage shop (especially if you’re looking for larger frames). Just pop out that horrible print of a duck (or whatever gem you find) and bring it to your local craft shop to have a custom mat made for the artwork. They can cut a custom mat and assemble the whole thing for you at a fraction of the cost.
5. YOU WOULD LIKE A LARGER PRINT? The sizes listed are the most common sizes I create, however, some prints have the capability of going even larger but the image quality and the delicacy of the details are very important to me and add to the value of my work, so not all prints will look good in a large format. Just send me an email if you are interested in purchasing a large print! If you are interested in filling a super large area of your wall with my artwork (which is awesome - thank you!!) I recommend putting together a collection of 3-4 pieces. I offer collector discounts on multiple prints. email email@example.com to discuss that!
6. HOW IS MY ARTWORK GOING TO BE SHIPPED?
Watercolour paintings dry quickly, sometimes too quickly! And because of that, it's easy to get buckling in the paper due to uneven drying times. When this happens, I won't mat the painting until it has been flattened under weights for 24hrs. Please note that all originals will have slight buckling that is unavoidable, but I do try my best to flatten it out completely!
All artwork is matted and then backed with an acid free cardstock for added stability. I then secure the artwork in an acid-free poly-bag, wrap it in paper, then sandwiched flat between two thick and sturdy double corrugated pieces of cardboard.
All artwork will ship via Canada Post within Canada and most packages arrive within 3-6 days (domestic) from time of shipping (includes tracking & insurance). International shipments will be sent via Canada Post or other carrier. International buyers, please note that shipping charges may vary from the amount you pay at checkout. Please email me with questions or to get an estimate.
All prints are handled with the utmost care; packaged beautifully in an acid free plastic sleeve.
Prints are all shipped flat to avoid any kinks in the beautiful paper! They are secured between two thick pieces of double corrugated cardboard.
Shipped via Canada Post Expedited Parcel (3-6 days for domestic shipping).
Shipping costs are calculated at checkout based on package weight and distance. If there is any discrepancy -/+ we will let you know via email.
International packages are a bit outside of my control. Boarder fees, duties, and handling fees may be charged by other countries. Tracking is also quite unreliable with international shipments. That being said, I mail packages internationally every single week with great success overall!
Shipping costs cover fees, packaging supplies, time, labor, and storage.
7. CAN I PICK UP MY ARTWORK FROM YOUR STUDIO? Absolutely! You are also welcome & encouraged to pick up your original artwork in person at my studio Calgary, Alberta. Choose Local Pick Up at checkout and I will be sure to connect with you as soon as your artwork is ready for pickup. Make sure to check your junk mail too! Sometimes my emails go there!
8. RETURNS: Every order, commission, and sale is handled with care and as much clarity and transparency as possible. My goal is for you to be completely thrilled with your purchase! Because of this, all sales are final except in certain situations. You can read more about it here or please email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Please take the time to read descriptions carefully and the check colors on multiple screens if you are concerned about color variations. I try my best to represent the colors and tones in my work honestly and clearly.
WHO ACTUALLY OWNS THE PAINTING?
I retain all rights to all artwork I create. This includes the rights to the image of sold & commissioned original paintings. I retain the right to make REPRODUCTIONS OF ANY AND ALL ARTWORK I CREATE UNLESS THE COLLECTOR HAS PURCHASED THE FULL OR PARTIAL RIGHTS TO THE ARTWORK (this is in addition to purchasing the original).
The Collector or buyer may not reproduce the artwork in any way without written permission.
If the artwork ends up being reproduced in a magazine or other media I only ask for credit (and congratulations! that means your home is super beautiful!).
When you purchase an original painting you, the collector, have the right to display the artwork in your home or business but the artwork may not be resold or reproduced without my written permission.
Please let me know if you are interested in purchasing full or partial rights to your painting. Some collectors chose to purchase my right to reproduce the artwork to ensure it will never become a print. I am totally happy to discuss that with you if you would like!